Mother's Day Social Media Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter is Ponticello Properties Pty Ltd trading as Acacia Marketplace Shopping Centre.
2. Instructions on how to enter this competition form part of the conditions of entry. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. Entry is open to residents of Australia who have an account on Facebook, enabling them to submit an entry in accordance with clause 5 below. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, its agencies and venues/outlets associated with this competition are ineligible to enter.
4. The competition commences at 3:15pm AEST on 3/4/2018 and closes at 5:00pm AEST on 30/04/2018 ("Promotional Period”). After this date no further entries to this competition will be permitted. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
How to Enter
5. To enter, entrants must, during the Promotional Period:
a. log into their Facebook account;
b. go to the Acacia Marketplace Shopping Centre Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/acaciamarketplace); and firstly,
c. ‘like’ the Acacia Marketplace Facebook Page and
d. in a public comment, respond to the competition post by telling us how their mum shines up their life and
e. ‘Share’ the competition post on their Facebook profile
6. By submitting an entry, entrants warrant to the Promoter that:
a. their entry complies with the Submission Criteria;
b. they own all of the rights to the entry; and
c. their submission has not been entered into previous competitions, or won awards in the past or been published previously in any medium.
7. The competition is open to those aged 18 years and over who, by entering, agree to travel to Benowa, Queensland at their own expense.
8. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
9. Entrants confirm and promise that their entry, including their submission, is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. Further, entrants agree that ownership of any intellectual property rights in their entry, is assigned to the Promoter without the payment of any further fee or compensation.
10. Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter may use their entry, during the Promotional Period and afterwards, in any manner the Promoter sees fit including to encourage others to enter the competition on Facebook.
11. Entrants acknowledge that any use of their entry by the Promoter during the Promotional Period does not constitute endorsement of their entry or guarantee that their entry will be shortlisted or will win a prize.
12. Entrants agree to sign any further documentation required by the Promoter to give effect to this arrangement as a precondition to being awarded their prize. To the extent permitted by law, entrants unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any moral rights in their entry. Entrants warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
13. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the story they submit. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such submissions, to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove any submissions from its websites without notice for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting any other terms and conditions contained herein, entrants agree to indemnify and hold the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees, harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable legal fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against the Promoter, its affiliates or sub-licensees, due to or arising out of the submission by an entrant or the Promoter’s use thereof, or an entrant’s conduct in connection with this promotion.
14. The promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant whom the promoter believes either has tampered with the entry process, or has submitted an entry otherwise than in accordance with these conditions of entry.
15. How ‘your mum shines up your life’ submission must:
a. Be original works and not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party;
b. Be in English;
c. Not contain material that is, or that is deemed by the Promoter to be:
i. unlawful or fraudulent;
ii. in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights;
iii. offensive, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, indecent, profane, abusive, harassing or threatening;
iv. objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender;
v. otherwise unsuitable for publication or display in Australia in any media.
d. Not contain any copyrighted works except those owned by the entrant and which the entrant has the right to use and assign ownership in to the Promoter such that any copyright or other intellectual property rights in the entry may be assigned to the Promoter in accordance with the terms and conditions.
e. Not contain any elements, including without limitation, music, audio, speech/voiceovers, stills, images, video, supers, or any other material, unless it is entirely original, created by the entrant or a third party that has agreed to appear in the Submission, or have their material featured in the Submission in accordance with the terms and conditions, and to assign their ownership in their appearance or material to the Promoter without the payment of any fee or compensation;
f. Not contain any viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or animal;
g. Comply with:
i. All relevant laws and regulations (including those relating to copyright, advertising, defamation, privacy, publicity and computer use);
ii. the Australian Association of National Advertisers Code of Ethics, Australian Association of National Advertisers: Advertising & Marketing Communications Code and any other relevant Australian Association of National Advertiser Codes (available athttp://www.aana.com.au/codes.html).
Promotional Period and Judging
16. All valid entries received during the Promotion Period will be reviewed by a panel of judges from the Promoter. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on originality and creativity (“Judging Criteria”).
17. The entry deemed to be the most original and creative by the judging panel will be selected as the winning entries.
18. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
19. The prize is 1 Gold Seating Double Pass to see Jackie Gillies in her ‘Shine it Up!’ tour at the RACV Royal Pines Resort, Benowa valued at $251.58. Prizes are not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash.
20. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any winner.
21. The stated prize value is the recommended retail value (including GST) in Australia as provided by the supplier. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize prior to acceptance by the winner. The promoter and its associated agencies and companies accept no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
22. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
Notification of winner and verification of entrant
23. The winner will be notified via a post on the Acacia Marketplace Shopping Centre Facebook page, found at http://www.facebook.com/acaciamarketplace/ and a private message within the first 3 business days after the Promotion Period. The Promoter will request that the winner send the Promoter a private message with their name, email, phone and postal address for prize delivery.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of identity, residential address and any other information from entrants or voters relevant to entry into or participation in this promotion. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or voter who provides false information, fails to provide information, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or who is otherwise involved in, or benefits from in, any way in manipulating, interfering or tampering with this promotion.
26. If a winner does not claim the prize by 5pm AEST, 6h April 2018, or is otherwise disqualified from the competition, the Promoter may assign the prize to the entry judged the next best entry in the competition, or withdraw the prize (subject to the direction of any relevant lottery authority), and the winner will forfeit any and all rights in and to the prizes.
27. Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. The judges’ decision is final and binding - no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late or misdirected entries or other communications. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches or viruses. If such problems arise, then the Promoter may (where necessary with the approval of the relevant lottery authority) modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the promotion.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the Promoter determines, in their sole discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
29. Any costs associated with entering the competition and accessing the Acacia Marketplace Shopping Centre Facebook page are the responsibility of the entrant.
30. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their full name, as represented on their Facebook profile in the event that they are a winner in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome) and/or promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
31. Entries, including the entrants’ stories, remain the property of the Promoter. Details from entries will be collected and used for the purposes of conducting this promotion (which may include disclosure to third parties for the purpose of processing and conducting the promotion) and for promotional purposes surrounding this promotion. By entering this promotion entrants consent to the use of their information as described and agree that the Promoter may use this information, or disclose it to other organisations that may use it, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference or payment to the entrant. Entrants can access and correct the personal information the Promoter holds about them by contacting the Promoter via Private Message on Facebook or email@example.com
32. The Promoter may post any entry to the Acacia Marketplace Shopping Centre Facebook page to encourage ongoing entries. The Promoter may also use any entrant's submissions as inspiration to create digital billboards where the submission is displayed. The submission and associated content may also be used by Acacia Marketplace Shopping Centre in other social media mediums.
33. Each entrant acknowledges that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In participating in this promotion entrants are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. To the extent permitted by law, each entrant releases Facebook from any and all liability in relation to this promotion.
34. Each entrant acknowledges that this promotion is in no way administered by Humantix or Jackie Jackie Gillies Shine it Up! Tour. To the extent permitted by law, each entrant releases Human Tix and Jackie Gillies Shine it Up! Tour from any and all liability in relation to this promotion.